Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ornament Month! The Spools are Back!


Welcome to the second installment of Ornament Month!  My collection of spools gets to make another appearance today, in this quick and easy ornament.  We're going to have a lot of quick and easy ones to start the month out - mostly because I'm short on computer time!   These were made simply by stringing beads, spools, and jingly bells on thin ribbon.  Piece of cake!


 This is the first one I made.  I just strung the ribbon through the loop on the bell, and then put both ends of the ribbon through the spool and silver bead.  Then I tied the ribbon in a bow to complete the hanging loop.  Done!


The green one was the next one I made, when I decided I didn't really like having the bow at the top.  So I kind of did this one backwards of the last one, and tied the bow around the top of the bell.  Cute right?


 This is the last one I made.  I had some pretty purple ribbon that I cut out of a top I bought recently.  Why it needed hanging ribbons as long as it had, I will never know.  I just know those ribbons needed to go!  They came in handy though!  For this one, I added an extra pretty bead, and put a button between the silver bead and the spool to keep the silver bead from dropping too far down into the spool.  Pretty clever right? 

That's it for today's ornament installment. It's cute and totally appropriate for a crafty tree, don't you think?  I bet, if you already have some spools on hand, you can make these with just stuff you have lying around the house! 

1 comment:

What I Did Today said...

I WISH I had neato spools like this just laying around my house! Lookin' good!