Friday, October 1, 2010

Do it yourself Jack-O-Lantern Stamps

Happy October!  Fall is finally in the air, and all I want to do is go to Bath and Body Works and smell all their autumn scented candles - feel free to send me any of those if you want. 

Also, today is my dad's birthday, so happy birthday to him :)

To start off the month of October, I thought I'd share with you a cute little set of stamps I carved last year.    I really like stamps with multiple parts that can combine in unique and different ways for each person that uses them, so I came up with the idea for some "carve your own jack-o-lantern" stamps.  Here are all the pieces:


I know it's a little silly, but I'm still super impressed with myself for that pumpkin.  I drew that myself!  I know right?  Ok - it's not a masterpiece, but I think it looks close to what a real pumpkin looks like, and life-like drawings is not something I claim on my list of skills...

Here's a sample of some of the fun jack-o-lanterns you can create with this stamp set.  You can go cute or scary.  Whatever you like.  And it will be easy to add elements to it whenever I want!  It takes like 5 seconds (exaggeration) to carve a new eye or nose stamp.  Hey!  I just realized something - I literally carved these jack-o-lanterns, just out of rubber instead of an actual pumpkin!  Ok, never mind - it was much funnier and more clever in my head than typed out on here.


After I carved them I made this little set of Halloween cards.


However, I forgot to give them out to anyone.  Oops.  Maybe I will remember about them this year.

5 comments:

Sam Harvey said...

ok this is so awesome! we are from the same craft planet i am sure of it now. i love the roughness of your homedone stamp. i love the expressions. pure genius.

Sam Harvey said...

i like the doggy thing in your pencil cup. too cute.

crystal said...

Oh my gosh - this is cuter than cute!

So clever and I LOVE the pumpkin - it definitely looks real.

Keep one of those adorable cards for yourself! :-)

What I Did Today said...

I can NOT believe it's already October!!! Where did the time go? Anyways, this is awesome. I'm very impressed that you carved those stamps yourself. And the cards are super cute. And I never, ever would have noticed the doggie in your pencil cup. Haha!

Mom said...

BTW - The doggy is really a kitty & has been in the blog before - Sept 10.