Friday, September 24, 2010

Craft Room Overhaul Part 3: Hello New Shelves!

Now that you have read all about the drama of the green chairs, let me share with you what it was all about.  What my real motivation behind getting them out of here was.  My new shelves and crafting table!


Yay for my new ikea furniture! I had been doing almost all of my crafting sitting on the floor since I had no table except my sewing table, and it was full of sewing things, as it should be.  Also, I'm getting older (since 25 is practically ancient you know), and have a knee that starts to ache if it is bent for too long, so sitting on the floor for extended periods of time is just not comfortable!  I decided I wanted a table, and maybe some shelves, and found this combo at ikea and knew it was perfect!  It would fit perfectly in my "useless corner".  Useless because all that was in it was a couple of boxes I'd never unpacked, my little rolling file cabinet, and of course, the green chairs.  It is so useless, that this is the only picture I have of the corner, and it's not even really the corner, just the ironing board set up close to the corner.


I saved up my allowance so I could buy my lovely shelves, and was such a happy girl when they were all together!  Oh hooray!  Now I had somewhere to go with all my boxes of wonderful crafty things!  They were just not accessible under the bed.


The craft room/guest room still isn't quite where I want it, but now thanks to the table and shelves, we are definitely moving in the right direction!

1 comment:

crystal said...

Oh you lucky girl!!!
How nice it all looks - and right near the window for good lighting, too. :-)

I have a feeling there will be lots of great projects created in your comfy (and organized!) new space!!!

xo :-)