Saturday, July 24, 2010

Wedding Week: Hooray We're Finally Married!

Thanks so much for joining me for wedding week!  I hope you enjoyed it - I know I love sharing pieces of our special day :)

I don't know about you, but if I had to do it all again I would just elope.  In a heartbeat! I'm going to comer right out and say it - I hate wedding planning. Don't get me wrong I loved having all my family and friends there to celebrate with me, but putting a wedding together is HARD! I'm not a huge fan of deciding what everyone is going to eat, I don't really care what anyone wears, and I'll let you in on a little secret - my decorating is random at best, so trying to figure all that out was a nightmare.


I have a question for all you married ladies out there.  One of the very best moments of my life was when we were driving away from the church, knowing that I was officially done with wedding planning.  Was it the same for you?


These pictures pretty much capture what after the wedding freedom felt like for me - this is us right after we pulled up at my parents' house, before we jetted off to Ft. Worth for the night.  And this dress is waaaaay more comfortable than the wedding gown!  Another kind of after the wedding freedom I guess!


Apparently Laura was happy too :)

2 comments:

Laura Maurer Storms said...

I was super happy! Hooray for you and Stephen! (sorry to ruin all your great celebration pictures...)

Also - I didn't get to experience the driving away from the church thing; however, I did get a really great feeling while sitting through the ship saftey briefing in my wedding gown and Aaron in his fancy suit, and even better when were sipping margaritas on the deck later that night.

I know we didn't have to do half the planning you guys did, and we were still exhausted by the time it was over!

Congrats on your first year together! I couldn't be happier for you both!

Sweet Harper said...

Congrats! I agree, if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably elope too. It was a LOT of work!